1. St John Ambulance Australia is committed to best-practice privacy standards
St John Ambulance Australia is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to safeguard your personal information and will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. We are bound by Australian Privacy Laws and instruct our staff to be aware of their obligations under these laws.
2. Collecting information
We recognise that your personal information is important to you and share your concerns about:
- why information is collected
- how information is collected
- what information is collected
- who may we share the information with
- what direct marketing or emails you will receive
- information security
- accessing or updating your information
Why information is collected
St John collects information for a variety of reasons including:
- To deliver products or services to you.
- To complete other transactions with you or on your behalf.
- To better understand your requirements and preferences.
- To improve our service.
- To provide offers that maybe of interest or benefit to you.
How information is collected
The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied by you when you place an order, register on our website, enter a competition, complete a survey or provide feedback to us.
What information is collected?
The personal information you provide St John usually consists of your:
- delivery address
- contact details
- transaction information.
Who may we share the information with?
We value our customers and do not share information with any other organisations other than third parties who perform part of our service delivery. Often details such as your name and address will be provided to these relevant organisations which include those involved in:
- providing, delivering, managing or administering your product or service
- maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure–including testing or upgrading our computer systems,
- the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations.
- Maintaining mailing lists where you have indicated that you want to be receive information from us.
Other than the above, St John will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent unless legally required to do so. For example, we may be required by law to provide your information to government authorities for purposes related to public health or safety, or the prevention or detection of unlawful activities.
3. What direct marketing or emails you will receive?
When you become a customer of St John, you will be invited to join our mailing list. This is an ‘opt in’ system. The mailing list is for the purpose of corresponding with you on marketing promotions and special offers. At any time, if you no longer wish to receive email communication from us, please ensure that you select the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send you. Alternatively, you can notify us that you wish to be removed from our mailing list by contacting us at: email@example.com.
As required by Australian Law, St John takes all reasonable steps to protect personal or company information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
5. Accessing and updating your information
If you would like to access or update your personal information, logon to the website and update your account details.
7. Making a complaint
If you have a concern about your privacy, you have the right to make a complaint and we will do everything we reasonably can to rectify the situation. If you wish to make a complaint, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post at:
National Privacy Officer
St John Ambulance Australia
PO Box 292
Deakin West ACT 2600